Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro Android 13 Update: The Asus ROG Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro are among the best gaming smartphones of the year. If you love playing graphics-intensive games, there are a few phones (like the Red Magic 8 Pro+) that beat the Rog Phone 6 series in this regard.
The Asus Rog Phone 6 series come with some really impressive hardware and innovations that make it a good gaming phone. It has features like the Air Triggers that enable it to play any type of game without lag. Both phones are also among the best battery phones and they have an AMOLED screen that can refresh at 165Hz.
See Also: Red Magic 8 Pro Plus vs Rog Phone 6D Ultimate: Which is better
Table of Contents
Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro Android 13 Update
Asus launched the Rog Phone 6 and 6 Pro a month before the official release of Android 13 last year. This is why the duo has been running the older Android 12 to date. But, the company is now rolling out the Android 13 update to the Rog Phone 6 series for the global and European variants.
According to the official announcement on the ZenTalk forums, the Asus Rog Phone 6 and 6 Pro are now getting the Android 13 Update. The stable Android 13 update rolling out to the ROG Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro has the software version 33.0610.2810.72.
The changelog detailed the many features and improvements that this update will bring to the phones. This update also includes the January 2023 security patches and a revamped new ROG UI design.
See Also: Asus Rog Phone 6D Ultimate vs Rog Phone 6 Pro: Which is better
New Features coming to ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro in Android 13
The official update changelog is as follows:
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 13. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 12 by the official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded system to Android 13
- Introduced new ROG UI design
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, Emergency Dialer, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Armoury Crate, Game Genie, and so on.
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 13 design
- Added the notification permission feature. You can adjust the permission of each app in the Apps & notifications Settings.
- System clipboard added “Auto delete” and editor features
- Added the QR code scanner option for the lock screen shortcut feature, and the Control from locked device feature in the Security & lock screen setting
- According to the Digital Wellbeing setting, the system color scheme can be set to automatically switch by the bedtime option
- Added the App Languages Setting
- Adjusted the Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size setting, and the width/length of the navigation white bar when choosing gesture navigation
- Changed to the Blocked numbers setting in Phone to stock behavior. You will not receive calls or texts from blocked numbers.
- Removed the Call duration setting
- Added the Themed icons option in the Wallpaper & style setting. Support more color combinations.
- Added link quick share feature in ASUS Launcher
- Adjusted the design of the dial-pad and contacts details page in the Phone app to display information more clearly
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 13 yet
- Added Asu’s customization preferences setting. Allows applying the collection of commonly used customization settings with one click.
- Removed the ‘Calm’ and ‘Elegant’ options in the Power button menu style setting. Add the display item management option to allow the user to control the number of buttons in the menu.
It’s important to note that this update is not compatible with the Asus ROG Phone 6D and ROG Phone 6D Ultimate which are powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 9000+. So, if you own any of the ROG Phone 6D phones, you should chill for now as Asus has promised to roll out Android updates for those phones in the first quarter of this year.
See Also: Asus Rog Phone 6 Pro vs Red Magic 7S Pro: which is a better gaming phone
How to Download Android 13 for the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro
The Android 13 update for the ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro is currently available for beta testers but we expect it to start rolling out to users in the coming days. You can download the Android 13 update for your ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro in one of two ways
- Go to Settings > System Update > Download the Update: This is the easiest way and less risky way to download the update. But you might have to wait for the update notification or keep checking the system settings till you get the update.
- Download and Sideload the software now: You can download the software available for the Rog Phone 6 and 6 Pro with build number 33.0610.2810.72 (for WW/EU variants). You should know about sideloading before you use this option. Click here to download the Full Update.
Important Note: System updates can go wrong and can brick your smartphone. We advise you to back up your files and allow professional assistance if you can’t do it yourself. Tech Arena24 will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your phone while you’re trying to update the software of your phone.