Asus has started rolling out Android 12 stable update for the Zenfone 8 series. This update is coming to the Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 flip just few days to the New Year. And this was what the company has promised earlier.
The firmware version number for the Asus Zenfone 8 is 31.1004.0404.73 and that of the Asus Zenfone 8 flip is 31.1004.0404.61. But the model number for the Zenfone 8 is ZS590KS and that of the Zenfone 8 flip is ZS672KS.
For users with Zenfone 8 and 8 flip running the latest Android 11 build, the Android 12 update should arrive in your device within the week. But users running the old Android 11 build might have to update to the latest build first before they can get the Android 12 update.
The Android 12 update will be bringing these improvements for the Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 flip. Check out the changelog below:
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 12 design
- Added privacy dashboard, camera and microphone indicators, show clipboard access, approximate location access, and microphone access features
- Replaced ASUS Safeguard with Android 12 Emergency SOS
- Introduced new widget page design in Launcher. Adjusted the position of the screenshot option and removed the hotseat app icons in the Overview page
- Removed the Quick Settings layout option in the Display settings
- ASUS Phone removed SIP calling support as Android 12 does not natively support SIP calling
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 12 yet