OpenAI started rolling out the paid version of its ChatGPT Chatbot and it’s known as the ChatGPT Plus. Along with the aid version, the free version of ChatGPT will still be available for use online. But, if the free version is available, should you upgrade to the paid version?
Well, there are at least three reasons why might want to upgrade to ChatGPT Plus. But before you do, I’ll explain these reasons and you decide if you should upgrade or stick to using the free version. In this article, I’ll also be sharing with you the price and how you can easily upgrade to ChatGPT Plus.
See Also: Top 6 Best Plagiarism Checkers for ChatGPT and other AI-Generated Contents
Table of Contents
What is ChatGPT Plus?
ChatGPT Plus is a premium upgrade to ChatGPT. It is made for businesses and individuals who want AI to be more steady and swifter in its response to them. Using the free version of ChatGPT sometimes returns errors such as “ChatGPT is at capacity right now”. Upgrading to ChatGPT Plus eliminates this error and gives you access to the AI tool every time and at any time.
Although OpenAI has announced the premium version of the ChatGPT, the company is still keeping the free version alive. So, if you don’t have the money to upgrade, you can stick with the free version while if you need better service from the AI, then the paid version might be for you. But, what will you enjoy if you decide to upgrade to ChatGPT Plus?
Three Reasons to Upgrade to ChatGPT Plus
According to OpenAI, there are at least three reasons why you should upgrade to ChatGPT Plus, these reasons are:
- General access to ChatGPT, even when demand is high: When there are lots of users, ChatGPT will lock out some users to keep the system working. However, when you upgrade to ChatGPT Plus, you’ll always have access to the AI tool even in times when there are lots of users online.
- Faster response times: The AI tool will respond to you faster than people who’re in free mode (the power of money as it even controls AI).
- Priority access to new features and improvements: When new features are added to ChatGPT, you’ll be among the first people to try them and use them.
See Also: ChatGPT Chatbot: The Controversial Must have AI Chatbot
How to upgrade to ChatGPT Plus
ChatGPT Plus was initially only available in the US when it was launched. But, the service is not available in more countries. To upgrade to ChatGPT Plus, follow the steps below
- Log in to your ChatGPT account (create one if you don’t already have an account
- If the service is available in your country, a pop-up box will appear recommending the Plus version for you (see photo 1 below)
- You can also click the Upgrade to Plus button on the left-hand side of the ChatGPT (see photo 2 below)
- Click the Upgrade Plan button (see photo three below)
- Enter your debit or credit card details and pay (see photo 4 below)
ChatGPT Plus pricing
The price of ChatGPT Plus is $20 per month and as high as $240 per year ($240 annually). The price for the Plus version of ChatGPT is the same in every country where it’s available. But, you might get a slight price difference if you’re converting your currency to USD before making the payment.
See Also: Google Bard AI: Why the new Chatbot is Important to Google Search
Who should upgrade to ChatGPT Plus?
Anyone who relies on the use of AI to generate loads of text content should upgrade. This way, you’ll get quicker responses and compile your content faster. However, if you don’t rely on AI too much for your test content, then you might not need ChatGPT Plus. As the little time you’ll spend with it will be more than enough for you.
It’s a good thing is that OpenAI is keeping the free version of the ChatGPT. This will be especially useful for those who can’t afford to upgrade to ChatGPT Plus.