How Download and Install iOS 16 Public Beta: The Apple iOS 16 was announced at Apple’s WWDC 2022. This update brings lots of new features including a lock screen that can be customized by users, a Shared iCloud Photo Library, a Fitness app, and more. Apple has now released the first public beta of iOS 16 and you can now download and install the first iOS 16 public beta on your iPhone.
So in this post, we’ll be sharing how you can download and install the iOS 16 Public Beta on your iPhone. Note that not all Apple iPhones will be able to install the latest iOS 16. Click Here to check the complete list of iPhones that can install iOS 16.
See Also: Steps by Steps on How to Download iPadOS 16 Public Beta on iPad
You need to first Backup your iPhone
Before you start the installation of the iOS 16 beta, you need to do a backup of your iPhone data. This will make it possible for you to easily downgrade to iOS 15 should any go wrong with this installation. Follow this step-by-step guide on how to backup your iPhone on iCloud.
See Also: iOS vs Android: Similarities, Differences, and which is better
How to download and install iOS 16 Public Beta on iPhone
Download iOS 16 Beta
- Step1: Go to beta.apple.com/profiles on Safari
- Step2: Click Sign in > and input your Apple ID credentials to log in. Note: You can enroll your iOS device as a beta tester.
- Step3: Scroll down and tap Download profile.
- Step4: Click Allow > Close to confirm the download.
- Step5: Open Settings > click Profile Downloaded.
- Step6: Next, click on Install at the top right.
- Step7: Now, type in your iPhone/device passcode.
- Step8: Now Tap Install twice.
- Step9: Finally, tap Done and click on Restart if it pops up.
Now that you’ve done with the download, it’s time for you to install the iOS 16 beta on your iPhone.
Install iOS 16 Public Beta on iPhone
- Step1: Go to Settings > tap General.
- Step2: Click Software Update
- Step3: Click the Download and Install button.
- Step4: Now, enter your device/iPhone passcode.
With the steps above, the first iOS 16 public beta will start downloading on your iPhone. It’ll take a few minutes to prepare and install the update on your iPhone. So you’ll have to wait.
See Also: Apple’s iPadOS 16 to come with Stage Manager and other cool features
This is how you can download and install iOS 16 public beta on your iPhone. Note that beta software is not bug-free and you might not be able to use your iPhone for some things. But, the iOS 16 public beta comes with lots of new and exciting features.
Tell us, which of the iOS 16 new features are you most excited about? Use the comment section below.