After the debut of the HarmonyOS 2 back in June 2, Huawei also announced that over a period of years it will be bringing the new OS to old Huawei and Honor phone models. The Chinese tech giant is looking to upgrade some 100 devices to HarmonyOS by the second half of 2022.
Upgrading 100 Huawei and Honor smartphones to a new OS is no easy task. But it appears the company has started early. Huawei is currently rolling out the HarmonyOS system 14 old Huawei and Honor devices.
- See Also: Huawei release HMS Core 6.0 for global markets, to compete with Google’s GMS
- See Also: Magic 3 series is Photography centric and confirmed by Honor CEO to use SD 888+
However, it is important to note that it is the internal beta that these phone models are receiving.
HarmonyOS is now available for the following 14 old Huawei and Honor phone models.
- Huawei P20
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei-P20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei nova 5i
- Huawei-Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei nova 4
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Huawei-nova 4e
- Honor X10
- Honor 30S
- Honor-X10 Max
- Honor 30 Youth Edition
- Honor Play4
See Also: Google Digital Wellbeing update to help you avoid crashing into Poles
See Also: Huawei’s HarmonyOS now has 134,000 Apps with over 4 million developers on board
If you own any of the Huawei or Honor smartphone models above, you can sign up for the update using the following methods:
- Pollen Club App – Homepage – Recommendation – Closed Beta Registration
- Member Center App – Homepage – Experience Pioneer (Supports only smartphones and tablets. You need to update the app to the latest version for it to work)
From the list, you can notice that Huawei device released back in 2017 are also getting the HarmonyOS update. The company also planned on rolling out the new system update to smart TVs and tablets. So far, about 25 million Huawei and Honor devices already has the new system.
Source | In Chinese