How to back up iPhone and iPad to iCloud: You need to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud. Since it contains some of your most important data like family memories (pictures), office documents, payment methods, holiday videos, media, contacts, etc.
When these data are backed up with iCloud, you can easily restore them in case of emergency like when your device is stolen, misplaced, or damaged. So backing up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud is very vital. But how do you go about it? Follow the simple steps below.
How to back up iPhone and iPad to iCloud
- Step 1: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Step 2: Go to Settings > tap your Name
- Step 3: Enter iCloud
- Step 4: Tap iCloud Backup > Backup Now and wait until the process is complete.
How to back up iPhone and iPad to iCloud Automatically
The first step above is for those who want to back up their data to iCloud manually. But this next step below will show how to set up your device to back up automatically daily.
- Step 1: Go to Settings
- Step 2: Tap your Name > tap iCloud > toggle On iCloud Backup
- Step 3: Connect your Phone to a power source
- Step 4: Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network
- Step 5: Make sure your device screen is locked.
Note: Apple only gives 5GB of free iCloud storage. So if your device doesn’t back up it could be because your storage is full and you need to buy more storage. So that’s how to back up iPhone and iPad to iCloud.