Realme 8i vs Xiaomi Redmi 10: The display of the Realme 8i supports 120Hz refresh rate while Xiaomi Redmi 10 brings 90Hz. Both devices are powered by different MediaTek chipsets. Below are the full comparison.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Key Specs
• 6.5″ FHD+ IPS LCD Display (90Hz)
• 4/6 GB RAM
• 64/128 GB ROM
• 50 + 8 + 2 + 2MP
• 8MP selfie
• MediaTek helio G88
• Android 11
• 5,000 mAh battery (18W)
Realme 8i Key Specs
• 6.6″ FHD+ IPS LCD display (120Hz)
• 4/6 GB RAM
• 64/128 GB storage
• 50 + 2MP + 2MP rear cameras
• 16 MP selfie
• MediaTek helio G96
• Android 11
• 5,000mAh battery (18W)
• Read Also: Tecno Pova 2 vs Xiaomi Redmi 10: Specs Comparison
• Read Also: Realme 8i debuts with MediaTek helio G96 SoC, price starts at ₹13,999 ($190)
• Read Also: Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime price in India; Launched with Helio G88, 6,000 mAh battery
Realme 8i has a 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS LCD touchscreen with 120Hz refresh rate on board. While the Xiaomi Redmi 10 (Prime) brings a 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS LCD touchscreen with 90Hz refresh rate support. Thus for smoother screen experience, the Realme 8i is better.
Camera wise, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 brings 50MP main camera that delivers quality photography both in daytime and in lowlight situation. Joined by an 8MP ultrawide lens, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro cam to complete the quad setup. While upfront, there is an 8MP selfie camera.
Realme 8i on the other hand, features triple rear camera system. The main camera is 50MP, joined by a 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor. Upfront, it brings the 16MP selfie camera.
Neither of these smartphones can record video in 4k resolution.
• Read Also: Realme 8s 5G Price in India; arrives with Dimensity 810 SoC
• Read Also: Redmi 9T vs Xiaomi Redmi 10: Specs Comparison
• Read Also: Google Pixel 5a 5G vs Realme GT Explorer Master: Specs Comparison
Performance | Storage | RAM | 5G
When it comes to performance, the most powerful of these two smartphones is the Realme 8i. It is powered by MediaTek helio G96 chipset paired with 4/6 GB RAM and 64/128 GB storage. While the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is powered by MediaTek helio G88.
Both smartphones boot their respective skin software based on Android 11 out of the box.
The battery life of the Realme 8i is 5,000 mAh with 18W fast charge support. While the Xiaomi Redmi 10 packs a 5,000 mAh capacity with 18W fast charge. But for those in India, the Redmi 10 Prime packs 6,000 mAh battery capacity with 18W fast charge.
• Read Also: Xiaomi Redmi 10 Price, specifications, and release date
• Read Also: Realme GT Explorer Master vs OnePlus Nord 2 5G: Specs Comparison
• Read Also: Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro: Specs Comparison
Realme 8i vs Xiaomi Redmi 10: Price
Realme 8i starting price is $190 for 4/64GB model while the Redmi 10 is priced $180 for similar variant. Although, the prices can differ depending on your region.
Realme 8i vs Xiaomi Redmi 10: Conclusion
Realme 8i brings more value for money. You get a higher performing chipset and 120Hz refresh rate support. Redmi 10 is good but Realme 8i brings better value for money.
So if I’m to score both smartphones by percentage. I’ll score the Redmi 10 (48%) while the Realme 8i gets (52%)
For further enquires: contact me on IG/twitter (@maii_hd)