Samsung just added a new phone to its Samsung Galaxy series. Its the Samsung Galaxy A50s and it has some few things worth mentioning. The Samsung Galaxy A50s is an upgrade to the previously released Samsung Galaxy A50.
It took the Korean Tech company about 6 months to release the A50s after the release of the A50. While some people might argue that this is a long time, it doesn’t really because what matters is that the new mid-range device is here.
We’ll be giving a quick review of the Samsung Galaxy A50s and what it has to offer that the A50 can not offer. We’ll be starting with each feature of the new mid-range device from Samsung. Lets start from the the Design and Display of this device.
Design and Display of Samsung Galaxy A50s
The front glass of the new device is Gorrila glass 3 while its back is plastic frame. its screen resolution is 6.4″ Super AMOLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; FullHD+ (1080 x 2340 px). On the front is a large, edge-to-edge display with a U-shaped notch at the top.
- See Also: Video: Samsung Galaxy A70s vs Samsung Galaxy A70
- See Also: Gionee X2 Price in Nigeria and Specs: “Simple and Affordable”
- See Also: Samsung Galaxy A30s Price in Nigeria and Specs: Another Fine Midranger
- See Also: Tecno Camon 12 Pro Price in Nigeria and Specs: Good and Affordable
The phone weighs about 169g which can be refer to as been light when compared with the Apple iPhone 11 that weighs about 190g. The selfie camera (front camera) is placed at the middle. The back of the phone is designed with plastic which should make the phone durable.
Software and Performance of the Galaxy A50s
This new device run on the latest Android version 9.0 pie with latest Samsung own user interface “Samsung one UI“. The chipset of the phone is powered by Exynos 9611 Octa (10nm), octa-core processor (4xCortex-A73 + 4xCortex-A53), Mali-G72MP3 GPU.
Giving it 8 processor is good as this will help the mobile device in multi-tasking. Octa-core processor makes it seem like the phone has an edge over the new series of iPhone 11 which were packed with Hexa-core(6 processors) by Apple.
Cameras of the Galaxy A50s
Samsung have always been on point when it comes to camera qualities. And this is also true in the case of this new device. The Galaxy A50s is packed with triple rear cameras: 48 MP, f/2.0, PDAF; 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide); 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
For selfie lovers, Samsung placed a 32MP, f/2.0, fixed-focus in front for you guys. This simply means that this new device can and will capture amazing pictures and also shoot amazing videos.
Memory and Battery of the Galaxy A50s
The phone comes in two variant, the 4GB of RAM + 128GB storage / 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage; In addition to the internal storage, the phone also supports external storage Up to 512GB microSD card support.
The battery of the phone is pretty impressive too. It comes packed with a 4,000mAh Li-Ion; 15W quick charge. We have put together the quick overview of the what you should expect when you get the new Samsung device.
• Samsung Galaxy A30s Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Samsung Galaxy A10s Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Apple iPhone 11 Pro Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Gionee X2 Price in Nigeria and Specs
Galaxy A50s Quick Review
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic frame and back;
- Screen: 6.4″ Super AMOLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; FullHD+ (1080 x 2340 px)
- Rear cameras(back cameras): 48 MP, f/2.0, PDAF; 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide); 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Video capture: [email protected]
- Front camera: 32MP, f/2.0, fixed-focus
- Chipset/Processor: Exynos 9611 Octa (10nm), octa-core processor (4xCortex-A73 + 4xCortex-A53), Mali-G72MP3 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM + 128GB storage / 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage; Up to 512GB microSD card support
- OS(Operating system): Android 9.0 Pie; Samsung One UI on top
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Ion; 15W quick charge
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM/ Single-SIM options available; LTE; USB 2.0 Type-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS + GLONASS + BDS; Bluetooth 5.0; NFC
- Misc: Single bottom-firing speaker, Under-display fingerprint reader
The new Samsung Galaxy A50s is a slight upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy A50. One could say that the “s” is fitting. But unlike its predecessor, it runs on latest software and has new designs that is more attractive compare to the Galaxy A50.