Samsung Galaxy Tabs
| |

Apple leads the way as demands for tablets increase in Western Europe

Advertisements

There is increase demand for tablets in Western Europe. The second quarter of 2021 saw an increase in demand for tablets grew by some 18% in the region. Apple is now the largest distributors of tablets in Western Europe followed by Lenovo. Samsung came third as its tablet market share in the region saw a decline in Q2 of 2021.

Samsung saw a massive drop of 24% year-on-year sales in its tablets market share. This equates to about 18% drop in Western Europe compare to its 2020 sales. Other brands that lost its tablets market share to Apple and Lenovo in the Q2 are Huawei and Amazon.

See Also: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE now available for Purchase in the US

Apple leads tablets sales in Western Europe

According to data published by Canalys, Apple saw its year-on-year tablet shipments grew by 73%. Thanks to the company’s M1-powered iPads that became very popular, Samsung lost some ground to Apple in the Western Europe Market. By the end of the second quarter, Apple alone had a market share of 36%.

Meanwhile, Lenovo came second place on the list, leaving the third place for Samsung to hold. Lenovo’s tablet shipments were up 87% year-on-year, with the company holding 20% of the market in terms of shipments in Q2 — 2% more than Samsung.

Advertisements
Tablets shipment report
Tablets shipment report (Image: Canalys)

In summary, both Apple and Lenovo holds about 56% of the tablet market share in Western Europe. Leaving 44% to be shared among Samsung, Huawei, and Amazon.

Just like Samsung, Huawei and Amazon also saw a drop in their shares in Western Europe. Huawei shares dropped by 38% and Amazon shares dropped by 15% year-on-year.

Advertisements

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *